BrightStone is currently looking for a Development Assistant. The Development Assistant supports the efforts of the Development team in executing the annual development plan and budget, contributing to the financial stability of BrightStone. This position will assist with coordinating administrative and logistical details for fundraising benefits, stewardship events, perform research for grant proposals, and oversee the volunteer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide logistical and administrative support for signature benefits, including, but not limited to: Songwriters Night, Clay Shoot, Bowlability, and Golf Benefit.
- Assist department efforts in achieving annual targets in team participation, sponsors, table and ticket sales, as applicable for each fundraising benefit.
- Assist with coordination of cultivation/stewardship events, including, but not limited to: Appreciation Luncheons (donor, volunteer, business), Christmas reception, Open Houses, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in event committee meetings, including setting of meetings, agendas, follow up communication, etc.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to insure that proper and timely announcements are communicated via proper channels
- Oversee event information in donor database system (GiftWorks), working through Event Management module, including registration, guests, attendees, sponsors, etc. Create lists, exports and reports for internal and external purposes as needed.
- Assist with the identification of invitees and recipients for various mailings, utilizing mailing lists and SmartLists within GiftWorks.
- Assist with design work as needed for event and marketing materials
- Assist with research, data collection, draft preparation and reporting for grants.
- Document best practices, processes and procedures, electronically and/or printed.
Additional Job Functions
- Organizes, coordinates and manages volunteer recruitment process for BrightStone events, program, and administrative needs
- Promptly responds to all volunteer inquiries
- Manages volunteer contact information, interests, and scheduling in GiftWorks
- Oversee, distribute, and maintain all volunteer applications; assist in screening volunteers to match with needs of various departments
- Coordinate and oversee orientation and training of volunteers
- Coordinate the development and updating of Volunteer Training Manual
- Manage communication process with volunteers through Constant Contact
- Develop recognition plans and oversee annual appreciation event, in coordination with Director of Fund Development
Position is full time paid with salary commensurate with experience
Starting $28,000 - $30,000 annually with benefits
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Master basic knowledge of BrightStone’s mission and vision in order to communicate effectively with the community
- Periodic evening and weekend work will be required; flexibility with hours and schedule is a must.
- Cross training for other development duties required, especially in data management and social media communications.
- Assist in organizing and overseeing tours at BrightStone
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience with use of web-based fundraising, WordPress,and donor database management (especially GiftWorks), a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Contact Information and Procedure:
No phone calls please.
- Always put BrightStone in the best light using the best practices.
- Maintain personal appearance at the highest quality and in the best light for BrightStone.
- Be proficient in computer operations, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email management, calendaring, and database entry.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all student, staff, financial, and general BrightStone information.
- Be an energetic team player, a self-starter.
- Be highly organized and able to multi-task, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Be able to prioritize tasks, handling deadlines and pressure.
- Be detail oriented, exhibiting project management skills and problem-solving ability.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to handle the physical demands of this job and to lift 50 pounds.
- Show strong interpersonal skills as well as strong customer service skills.
- Have a commitment to serving others.
this position is available immediately.
Email resume and contact information to Tina.majors@BrightStone.org