Abby is always excited about the days that she comes to BrightStone. She makes the rounds each morning speaking to everyone and catching us up on all the happenings in her busy life. When Abby is at BrightStone, her favorite activities are working in the paint room, learning games on the computer, exercise class and saying the prayer before lunch. Congratulations, Abby!
Justin is a deep thinker and usually has an opinion on most subjects that might come up, which makes for some interesting conversation! Justin takes his jobs at BrightStone seriously and says that working in ceramics is his favorite work area. He also enjoys our outings to Chick-fil-A for a snack, helping serve lunch and our Thursday exercise class with Eric, who is one of our exercise therapists. Way to go, Justin!
Ali is a bright, pleasant young man who is well liked at BrightStone. He has a winning smile to go with his great sense of humor and one of his favorite things is to arm wrestle with Mr. Lee! We will be celebrating his birthday with him on Friday, which happens to fall on the same day as Special Olympics. Ali enjoys yoga classes, working in the consumables work area and peanut butter buffet for lunch. Fantastic Job, Ali!
Brian is a busy guy! He always brings word search puzzles and quietly works on them when he has down time during the day. He is very productive in all work areas and says the paint room is his favorite. He loves to play basketball at the YMCA, work on the computer in the learning lab and says red is his favorite color. Congratulations and great job, Brian!
Bobby is one of our students who commutes the furthest distance to BrightStone but is still so happy to be here! He is such an asset to BrightStone in all work areas and in the community. He is always so polite and mannerly and ready to help in any way he can. Bobby's favorite work area is consumables, he loves to help serve at lunch and listens to country music in his leisure time. Way to go, Bobby!
Kelly is one of our most dedicated BrightStone students who hates to see the weekends come! She has such a great imagination and always keeps us entertained! Kelly's friends say she is kind, friendly and has a great singing voice. Her "BrightStone favorites" are learning on our new IPads's in the lab, playing basketball at the YMCA and bowling on Fridays. Congratulations on a job well done, Kelly!
BrightStone is currently looking for a Development Assistant. The Development Assistant supports the efforts of the Development team in executing the annual development plan and budget, contributing to the financial stability of BrightStone. This position will assist with coordinating administrative and logistical details for fundraising benefits, stewardship events, perform research for grant proposals, and oversee the volunteer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide logistical and administrative support for signature benefits, including, but not limited to: Songwriters Night, Clay Shoot, Bowlability, and Golf Benefit.
- Assist department efforts in achieving annual targets in team participation, sponsors, table and ticket sales, as applicable for each fundraising benefit.
- Assist with coordination of cultivation/stewardship events, including, but not limited to: Appreciation Luncheons (donor, volunteer, business), Christmas reception, Open Houses, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in event committee meetings, including setting of meetings, agendas, follow up communication, etc.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to insure that proper and timely announcements are communicated via proper channels
- Oversee event information in donor database system (GiftWorks), working through Event Management module, including registration, guests, attendees, sponsors, etc. Create lists, exports and reports for internal and external purposes as needed.
- Assist with the identification of invitees and recipients for various mailings, utilizing mailing lists and SmartLists within GiftWorks.
- Assist with design work as needed for event and marketing materials
- Assist with research, data collection, draft preparation and reporting for grants.
- Document best practices, processes and procedures, electronically and/or printed.
Additional Job Functions
- Organizes, coordinates and manages volunteer recruitment process for BrightStone events, program, and administrative needs
- Promptly responds to all volunteer inquiries
- Manages volunteer contact information, interests, and scheduling in GiftWorks
- Oversee, distribute, and maintain all volunteer applications; assist in screening volunteers to match with needs of various departments
- Coordinate and oversee orientation and training of volunteers
- Coordinate the development and updating of Volunteer Training Manual
- Manage communication process with volunteers through Constant Contact
- Develop recognition plans and oversee annual appreciation event, in coordination with Director of Fund Development
Position is full time paid with salary commensurate with experience
Starting $28,000 - $30,000 annually with benefits
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Master basic knowledge of BrightStones mission and vision in order to communicate effectively with the community
- Periodic evening and weekend work will be required; flexibility with hours and schedule is a must.
- Cross training for other development duties required, especially in data management and social media communications.
- Assist in organizing and overseeing tours at BrightStone
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelors degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of related experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience with use of web-based fundraising, WordPress,and donor database management (especially GiftWorks), a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Contact Information and Procedure:
No phone calls please.
- Always put BrightStone in the best light using the best practices.
- Maintain personal appearance at the highest quality and in the best light for BrightStone.
- Be proficient in computer operations, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email management, calendaring, and database entry.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all student, staff, financial, and general BrightStone information.
- Be an energetic team player, a self-starter.
- Be highly organized and able to multi-task, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Be able to prioritize tasks, handling deadlines and pressure.
- Be detail oriented, exhibiting project management skills and problem-solving ability.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to handle the physical demands of this job and to lift 50 pounds.
- Show strong interpersonal skills as well as strong customer service skills.
- Have a commitment to serving others.
this position is available immediately.
Email resume and contact information to Tina.majors@BrightStone.org
Mike is one of BrightStone's gentle giants! He is a tall gentleman with a sweet spirit and a tender heart. In his leisure time he enjoys watching Drew Carey on the "Price is Right". He also is a big country fan and a big treat for him is going to the Grand Ole Opry. He says his favorite BrightStone activities are working in ceramics, bowling, computer, exercising and saying the prayer before lunch. Way to go, Big Mike!
Benny is full of personality and if you came to our Christmas Program, you know what I mean! He did a great job of leading the choir and taking a bow is his specialty! Benny always takes any task he is given very seriously and does the best job he can. We could all learn a lesson from him. Benny says when he is at BrightStone he enjoys working in the paint room, computer activities, yoga class, bowling and sorting the recycling. Good job, Benjamin!