FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 28, 2014
FRANKLIN, TN— March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Providing a post-secondary educational and training opportunity for adults with developmental disabilities, BrightStone has been celebrating the ABILITIES of adults with special needs for over 14 years. BrightStone encourages YOU to help celebrate National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month by participating in one or more of the activities listed below during the month of March. See just how many you can accomplish!
(1) LIKE our Facebook page. Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/BrightStone/69199617960
Post as your status “I believe in the ABILITIES of adults with developmental disabilities. So does BrightStone!” www.brightstone.org
(2) FOLLOW us on Twitter! Visit https://twitter.com/brightstoneinc Tweet the following:
“I believe in the ABILITIES of adults with developmental disabilities. So does BrightStone!” www.brightstone.org #brightstonetn
(3) Attend our Open House on Wednesday, March 26th, between the hours of 9:30 and 5:00 p.m. Invite a friend or co-worker to come with you to see firsthand the abilities of adults with developmental disabilities.
(4) Attend our “Shout Out for Dining Out” Night on Tuesday, March 11th, at Logan’s in Cool Springs—7087 Baker’s Bridge Road in the Cool Springs area of Franklin. More info to be posted on our website soon.
(5) Volunteer! An hour, a half/day, for a project, for an event—we have something for everyone! You can use your abilities to help BrightStone! Contact Makella at 615-790-4888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) Organize a themed “Shower of Blessings” from your church, organization, club or workplace to provide needed supplies and materials for operations. Ideas include: Paper Goods, Pantry Items, Office Supplies, Arts and Crafts, Production Needs, etc. Lists of specific needs can be provided upon request.
(7) Schedule a personalized tour for yourself, a friend, business associates, organization or club members, church members, co-workers, etc. Tours are generally given Mondays-Thursdays, at either 9:30 or 11:00 a.m.
(8) Plan to participate in BrightStone’s BOWLABILITY benefit on August 11th and 12th by organizing a team and raising much needed funds for our adults. Go ahead and make that commitment by registering at http://www.firstgiving.com/brightstone Participating is SO MUCH FUN!
(9) Read and share our weekly featured stories of “CAN-ABILITY” during the month of March, to be posted on our website and our social media sites.
(10 Financially support BrightStone’s endeavors by contributing to our scholarship fund, “Enhance the Chance”. Help make it possible for an adult to attend who otherwise might not be able. Visit http://brightstone.org/donate/enhance-the-chance-scholarship-campaign/.
In 1987, President Ronald Reagan declared March as National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. The proclamation called for people to provide understanding, encouragement and opportunities to help persons with developmental disabilities to lead productive and fulfilling lives. YOU CAN HELP!